Thermocouple Welder HotSpot PLUS Capacitive Discharge Welder Thermocouple
Why CD Welders?
Welder Expansion Kits
|HotMux Solution << back to previous page
The HotMux is a compact, 8-channel (expandable) analog signal PC-based data acquisition system, designed for accuracy, versatility and simplicity. Utilizing the RS-232 or USB serial communications port found in most PCs (portable and stationary), allows the system to be located close to the measurement source, minimizing environmental noise that may cause data contamination. The digitized results are transmitted and available for on-line monitoring, reporting, analyzing, archiving or exporting for analysis using third party application software.
- System Particularly Designed for Temperature Sensing Applications
- PC Compatible Temperature Monitoring Using Multiple 8 Channel Modules
- Senses B, C, E, J, K, N, P, R, S & T Thermocouple Types
- Produces Time/Temperature Displays, Plots and Lists
- Displays Data on PC Monitor, Printer and Stores to a .csv (comma delimited file)
- Menu Driven Configuration and Run Time Option Selections
- Easily Installed Integrated Hardware/Software Package
- Stores Project Set-up for Repeated Use
- Channel Configuration - TC types, Active Channels, Name, Degree C or F
- Scale Readings using Multipliers and Offsets
- Channel Comparison - Readings Can be Added, Subtracted, Multiplied or Divided Using Companion Channel Values
- Change Digitized Sensor Outputs to Suitable Engineering Units
- Palm Sized Hardware Fits Almost Anywhere
- RS-232 or USB Digital Link Eliminates Need for Long Extension Wires
- Easily Moved Between Computers; Powered by Interface Signals
- Plug Connected to Computer & Sensors
Multiple communication ports or USB hubs can be used to support additional HotMux units for expanded channel capability.
The HotMux software was designed with the user in mind, emphasizing menu driven operation and on-screen help that contributes to ease of use. All user controlled parameters - input assignments, input names, sampling rates, names and location of files, data ranges, graph parameters, etc. - can be saved in setup files for easy recall, so the operator may designate the appropriate setup to be repeated when the program is restarted.
TEMPERATURE IT IS
Begin measuring temperature within minutes. The HotMux uses the computer serial Com Port or optional USB interface adaptors, so opening the PC is not necessary. Get away from the complex installation of internal board hardware and software designed for a multiplicity of sensors.
LOCAL CONVERSION/REMOTE COMPUTING
The serial interface of the HotMux system allows the digitizing units to be placed close to the sensors being monitored and remote from the monitoring computer system. Utilizing the RS-232 or USB cable, reduces the required sensor lead length, limits exposure of low level signals to outside noise, and removes the computing system from unfavorable environments.
CUSTOMIZE AND SAVE MULTIPLE SET-UPS
Well engineered menus and windows allow minimum effort use, yet provide selections of TC types, scan rates, active channels, scale ranges, display modes, alarms, storage options, etc. Multiple custom setups can be saved and later reselected. Skip unneeded steps and select custom requirements as desired.